Begin typing here.....
THIS IS NOT THE 70s
This was probably put up around 1998, which is why it may seem outdated.
The people who are starting college this fall across the nations were born in
* They have no meaningful recollection fo the Reagan era, and do not know
that he had ever been shot
* They were prepubescent when the Persian Gulf war was waged. Black
Monday 1987 is as significant to them as the Great Depression
*There has only been one pope. They can only really remember one
* They were 11 yrs old when the Soviet Union broke apart, and do not
remember the Cold War.
* They have never feared a nuclear war. "The Day After" is a pill to them,
not a movie
* CCCP is just a bunch of letters.
* They have only known one Germany.
* They are too young to remember the space shuttle blowing up, and
Tienamin Square means nothing to them.
* They do not know who Mohamar Ghadifi is.
* Their lifetime has always included AIDS.
* They have never had a polio shot, and likely do not know what it is.
* Bottle caps have not only always been screw off, but have always been
* They have no idea what a pull top can looks like.
* Atari predates them, as do vinyl albums.
* The expression, "you sound like a broken record" means nothing to them.
* They have never owned a record player.
* They have likely never played Pac Man, and have never heard of Pong
* Star Wars looks very fake and the special effects are pathetic.
* There have always been red M&Ms and blue ones are not new. What, there
used to be beige ones?
* They may have heard of an 8 track, but chances are they probably have
never actually seen or heard one.
* The compact disc was introduced when they were on year old.
* As far as they know, stamps hve always cost about 32 cents.
* They have always had an answering machine.
* Most have never seen a TV set with only 13 channels, nor have they seen a
black and white TV, and have always had cable.
* There have always been VCRs, but they have no idea what Beta is.
* They cannot fathom not having a remote control.
* They were born the year that Walkman was introduced by Sony.
* Rollerskating has always meant inline to them.
* The Tonite Show has always been with Jay Leno.
* They have no idea when or why Jordache jeans were cool.
* Popcorn has always been cooked in a microwave.
* They have never seeen nor remember a game that included the St. Louis
football Cardinals, the Baltimore Colts, etc.
* They do not consider the Colorado Rockies, the Florida Marlins, etc,
* They have never seen Larry Bird play and Kareem Abdul Jabbar is a
* They never took a swim and thought about Jaws.
* The Vietnam War is as ancient history to them as WW1.
* They have no idea that Americans were ever held hostage in Iran.
* They can't imagine what hard contact lenses are.
* They don't know who Mork was or where he was from.
* They never heard the terms "where's the beef"?, "I'd walk a mile for a
Camel", or "de plane, de plane".
* They do not care who shot J.R. or know who he is.
* The Cosby Show, The Facts of Life, Miami Vice or WKRP in Cincinnatti
are shows they likely have never seen.
* The Titanic was found? Never knew it was lost.
* Michael Jackson has always been white.
* They cannot remember the Cardinals ever winning, or being in, a World
* Kansas, Chicago, Boston are places, not rock groups.
* McDonalds meals never came in styrofoam containers.
back to the main page